TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - No problem. Here are my thoughts.....
People Seeking Info

Subject No problem. Here are my thoughts.....

Posted by CPARK@Powertrix.com on May 13, 2009 at 4:47 PM
  This message has been viewed 559 times.

In Reply To Thanks for the feedback-- posted by Keaner on May 13, 2009 at 04:22 PM

Message I definitely like the Brakeman over the Axis Ultimates for overall performance. What I noticed the most out of the Ultimates is that they dust a lot.

Unfortunately I do not have any personal experience with the Porterfields but those along with Padget brake pads have good reviews as well.

On the brake kit side, you will definitely get better braking if you went back to a stock sized rotor so you can maximize the pad to rotor contact patch. Baer makes a rotor, guaranteed not to warp with in spec, for our cars that has a softer metallurgy and is lighter (2 piece). An analogy for this would be like going from a street tire (hard compound rubber) to a performance/track tire (soft compound rubber) = better grip and lighter frees up rotational mass much like a lightened flywheel or under drive pulley - this would be a nice upgrade.

But working with what you have, yes, definitely take whatever pads you get an grind the section of pad down at an angle to prevent the parasitic drag and heat.

Sincerely
Charles Park
POWERTRIX
Performance & Styling
www.powertrix.com (NOW OPEN)
Office 858-566-5060
Mobile 619-944-6055

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.